Welcome to Right Turn!
Statewide support for Nebraska's adoptive and guardianship families.
We are here to help and support families who have adopted a child or entered into a guardianship in Nebraska.
Eligibility includes international, domestic, step-parent and adoption from foster care along with guardianship from foster care. Right Turn® is located in 8 offices across the state of Nebraska - we can help make a difference in the lives of parents and their children.
Our website contains a variety of resources. Feel free to take a look around.
You never know what you might find when you make the Right Turn®
Current Events at Right Turn®
Events and Activities:
- Middle School Youth Group registration is now open. This is a group for adopted youth who are 11-14 years old. The group is designed to provide the opportunity for youth to share, explore and gain insight into the challenges that may arise within the circle of adoption.
- Watch your e-mail for our latest newsletter. Don't receive our e-mails? Join our mailing list!
- You can register for up coming training and support groups on our Training & Event Calendar. Feel free to browse our available training list and let us know if there is anything that interests you.
- We are in process of scheduling fun family activities across the state. Keep checking back! You will not want to miss these opportunities!
- At Right Turn® we strive to provide the best resources for you and your family. In an effort to make resources more accessible we are making some changes to our website. Some pages have been moved, edited or may have a different title. If you are unable to find a page, feel free to reach out to us at RightTurn@RightTurnNE.org and we will be happy to guide you in the right direction.
- Check out the new Resource Library! Our website now contains a searchable resource section to help you get connected with the right resources for you! Find a variety of informative articles, website links, services and recommended readings, all at your fingertips. You can search by key word or simply browse by category.
With Christine Bowlby, LMHP, RPT
This two part workshop takes what we know about attachment, brain development, trauma, loss, and healing and puts it into practice. Parents become part of the healing process and begin to understand their child's behavior, mental health needs, and challenges differently. A Step Further curriculum is firmly rooted in research related to the impact trauma and loss has on the brain and how implementing therapeutic, enrichment, and educational activities can impact brain development and help to heal the parts of the brain which have been poorly developed or damaged because of child trauma. Right Turn recognizes the enormity of the situations for families parenting children with extensive trauma histories. Right Turn is committed to providing a well rounded support to truly improve the quality of life, not just provide crisis management for the situation.
The workshop focuses on:
•Assisting parents in understanding attachment milestones.
•Supports parents in implementing simple relationship building strategies.
•Improves a child’s ability to form trusting relationships.
•Improves parents ability to connect with their child and helps parents understand how past traumas effect a child’s relationship ability.
12 CEUs Available
Lunch is also provided.
The second session of this two part workshop is scheduled for January 20 2018, from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm.
By registering for this session, you are registering for the second session as well.