Articles on Attachment
- Attachment and Trauma Network Inc.
- Attachment Disorders & Reactive Attachment Disorder: Symptoms, treatment & hope for children with insecure attachment
- Bonding & Attachment in Maltreated Children: Consequences of Emotional Neglect in Small Children
- Healing Resources:Trauma, Attachment, and Stress Disorders: Rethinking and Reworking Developmental Issues
- Parenting the RAD child: Reactive Attachment Disorder Parenting Tips
- RAD Facts for Families
- What Neuroscience is Teaching us About Connecting with out Kids
EARLY CHILDHOOD TRAUMA
Trauma is defined as an “event outside normal human experience”. These events are generally emotionally painful and distressing, and overwhelm a person’s ability to cope, leaving him/her powerless. Feeling powerless is an important concept when trying to understand trauma – especially as you apply it to trauma in children...
Attachment Disorders & Reactive Attachment Disorder: Symptoms, treatment & hope for children with insecure attachment
In this article:
- Understanding attachment problems and disorders
- Early warning signs and symptoms of attachment
- Signs and symptoms of attachment disorder
- Parenting a child with an attachment disorder
- Tips for making your child feel safe & secure
- Tips for making your child feel loved & cared for
- Tips for supporting your child's health
Article by Bruce Perry, M.D., PhD. providing definitions on bonding and attachment and describes their impact in early childhood development.
Healing Resources:Trauma, Attachment, and Stress Disorders: Rethinking and Reworking Developmental Issues
How does experience shape the brain and both cause and repair stress disorders?
How does early-life trauma impact development?
How does traumatic response differ from a normal stress reaction?
What are the common links between both high and low impact experiences that trigger traumatic responses?
What are signs and symptoms of developmental or relational trauma?
What overarching principles aid professionals with attachment and trauma issues?
What do professionals need to know when working with relational trauma?
Tips for therapists who have been trained in more traditional therapies.
Article by Cindy Finnegan Mar 6, 2007;
This article provides suggestions on using natural consequences and discussed whole family impact of parenting a child with Reactive Attachment Disorder.
This article is a short guide to understanding and recognizing Reactive Attachment Disorder. From the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
Article by By Jonathan Baylin and Daniel Hughes •