Articles on Transitional & Independent Living
- Budgeting Worksheet
- Helping Children Aging Out of Foster Care Prepare for Independence
- I Can Do It! A Micropedia of Living on your Own
- Independent Living Services Guide Book DHHS
- Parenting Your Adopted Teenage
- Six Themes for the Adopted Adolescent
- Transition Health Care Checklist: Preparing for Life as an Adult
- What Makes a Good Adult Ally?
Article from the Association of Small Foundations
By Marian B. Latzko
This "micropedia of living on your own" is filled with information you will need when making decisions for yourself. It can be used as a planning tool, an educational process, and a resource for specific information.
Factsheet for Families
The author of Beneath The Mask: Understanding Adopted Teens discusses six common problems faced by adopted adolescents.
by Debbie B. Riley, LCMFT
A resource to help youth and young adults with special health care needs and disabilities make a successful transition to adult living that includes their education , health and community living.
From the Wisconsin Community of Practice on Transition
Article by the California Child Welfare Co-investment Partnership
youth.gov is the U.S. government website that helps you create, maintain, and strengthen effective youth programs. Included are youth facts, funding information, and tools to help you assess community assets, generate maps of local and federal resources, search for evidence-based youth programs, and keep up-to-date on the latest, youth-related news.